CARBON MONOXIDE

CARBON MONOXIDE

Carbon monoxide is hard to detect. It's been called the silent killer for a reason. It doesn't have a smell, color, or taste.

It can be found in your home from your fireplace, gas range, and furnaces.

1) When you breathe CO, it harms the ability of your blood to transport oxygen. Symptoms of the poison are dizziness, headache, disorientation, impairment of the cerebral function and comas are a few signs.
If you suspect symptoms turn off the source, move to fresh air and get away from your home and call 911.
2) What causes a leak?
Household appliances ranging from boilers, heating systems and gas fires can be sources of carbon monoxide gas. Even running your car engine in an enclosed space can cause CO
3) Treatments for Carbon Poisoning:
Immediately breathing pure oxygen to replace the CO with oxygen in your blood is the first step.
4) Inspecting and cleaning fireplaces and chimneys are essential for safety and efficiency.
5) Check you HVAC vents that nothing is blocking them.
6) Install a Carbon Monoxide Detectors and Alarms.
7) Schedule regular maintenance.
8) Don't run your vehicle inside your garage.
9) Do not heat your home with your gas stove.
10) Cautious when using fuel burning space heaters.

Leading causes of monoxide in your home can be from faulty furnaces, water heaters, stoves, and fireplaces. It could be a simple venting problem; left unchecked could escalate into a carbon monoxide problem.
Have your HVAC inspected and cleaned every year by a professional.